Hey there! I have a very little update on my magnet/chalkboard wall. I was able to paint the wall with a magnet paint. My thoughts on this paint:
- I had no idea the paint was black! For some reason I thought it was white….
- That was probably the hardest paint I ever used. I couldn’t paint it with a roller. It is too think and the paint was being splashed all over the place. So I painted with a brush.
- The paint is extremely thick. You need to mix it really well before starting painting to make sure all the black gross thing that is in the paint gets blended with the paint itself.
- The more coats you give the better the magnet will work. I gave 3 coats in the parts that I was able to paint, and it works very well.
- Big powerful magnets works better. The baby ones won’t stick.
I got really sick with a flu after this project, so I haven’t had a chance to start the next step which is to paint 2 coats of chalk paint. As you can see, the materials are there waiting for me! You can find more of how I got inspired for this project here.